Keynote speech by Kyle Mathews, CEO and co-founder of Gatsby, from the Gatsby Days London conference on Sept. 30th, 2019 at the Congress Centre.
Gatsby is a free and open source framework based on React that helps developers build blazing fast websites and apps.
- It’s kind of like Creat React App – preconfigured toolchain for building React apps.
- It’s kind of like Next.js – a React web framework for building pre-rendered React apps for SEO & SPEED.
- It’s kind of like Staic Site Generators in that what you deploy is static files onto a CDN for SPEED.
- It’s kind of like WordPress & Drupal that people primarily use to build web properties on the website side of the spectrum
- It generates PWAs, so a PWA framework ?
- It’s kind of like an operating system in that its job isn’t to do anything in particular – Gatsby coordinates plugins & othe services doing their work
The fundamental architecture of the internet is changing from the LAMP stack to Cloud/Serverless.
- aggregates data from nultiple sources (the content mesh)
- provides dev environment
- prepares site for deployment